Thursday, November 16, 2006

Mid-week Report

The Marathon is just 72 hours away...

While I am taking it easy this week, that doesn't mean I'm doing nothing. Tuesday I did lower-body strength training. The squats were tough: it had been a while since I'd done them. And I hate the leg curl machine at the YMCA. It can't be adjusted in any meaningful way, and I don't get full range-of-motion in the exercise. I'll try the seated one next time, but I'm hopeful that my old gym will re-open.
Yesterday I was going to upper-body, but I really felt like I needed to get in a run. So instead of strength training, I did an easy, 4.5-mile loop near where I work. The only bad part of that was near the end, when I had to run on a busy road because they were working on the bike path.
Then last night I had a massage from Christine. First she did a 20-minute Sports Massage, followed by an invigorating Zero Balance session. I felt taller when I left.

I'm not certain what the rest of this week holds. I think I'm going to swim today, and then maybe a very short 2-mile jog on Friday, just to keep the engine warm. We leave for Philly Saturday.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home