Monday, November 13, 2006

For a Taper, This is Hard Work

I've been easing back as I prepare for next weekend's Philadelphia Marathon. But this weekend there was a lot to do. Saturday I did a group run with some people from NVRC. Then I spent about two hours hauling and stacking firewood (I was trying to get as much done as possible before it started raining).
Yesterday I spent another hour finishing up the firewood, then Sue and I went to the gym for some strength training. I swam for about 15 minutes as well. I am learning the Total Immersion technique, and while I have the stroke down, there is still some work to do. For example, I have to remind myself to breathe sometimes, so I wind up with a little oxygen debt that's hard for me to make up. Also, I am so focused on keeping my head down that I failed to realize how close I was to the wall a couple of times.
After all that, I played a few games of volleyball. I thought my legs might be tired, but I crushed a couple of spikes. My timing felt better than usual.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home