Monday, September 22, 2008

Long Ride

Yesterday I went out and did my longest bike ride of the year, just over 28 miles according to my bike computer. MapMyRide had it at slightly less, but that mapping interface has problems. There were a couple of good hills, including one leg breaker that I wasn't expecting. That was the first time in quite a while where I wasn't sure if I was going to make it (although partly that's because I didn't shift down right away at the base of the hill, not realizing how big it was).

I just kept plugging away, kept the wheels turning, and I somehow made it to the top. I still had about 18 miles to go though, over terrain I didn't know, so I backed off from my pace a bit. And by the time I did get back to familiar ground, I was tired.

Great day for a bike though, and I rested while watching my Eagles win ugly over the Steelers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home