Monday, July 17, 2006

Double Duty

I did some intense work yesterday in the blazing sun. First, I ran a 10K in the morning, and did a really poor job of pacing. Then in the afternoon Sue and I went to Whipple Dam for some open-water swimming. At first I was having trouble exhaling underwater, but I got over that. The bigger issue was not being able to see anything. I would have to lift my head up to see where I was going, or if I was going to crash into anyone, and then I'd have a hard time getting my head back down.

I managed to do a few 200's non-stop, although they weren't pretty. I'm curious now to see if I can swim a whole 800 without stopping if I don't first run 10K.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home